Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sad....

I feel really guilty, the last time I saw Jim Hollis at the "corner store" near our neighborhood, I ducked out before talking to him, and I did so on purpose, as I was running late to work.
Mr. Hollis died this past Saturday, and his funeral is tomorrow. A long time council member, and a contender in the last primary elections, and he was a contender with his home made election signs. The little man could talk the ears off of a mule, but he always did so trying to do his best to serve the interests of this city. He was an old school politician who believed in face to face one on one campaigning, and he seemed to actually care.
Sorry I snubbed you last time I saw you Mr. Hollis, may you rest in peace.

1 comment:

Ceece said...

I didn't know. I've said a prayer for his family.