Saturday, September 13, 2008

First Real Day Out In A While

Its been a little while since I could go out trekking around on foot for hours taking a hike with my camera, and the wait was rewarding today....

Photo #1 A Juvenile Osprey, one of Five currently hanging out at the falls of the Ohio.
A Black Vulture, one of hundreds who have been down there, this guy was nearly close enough to reach out and grab.
A double crested Cormorant Juvenile, one of a pair who was swimming and flying around. Usually these guys are extremely wary of people and do not often get close enough for a good shot.
My all time favorite "shore bird", the green heron, he and I ended up playing a game of Hide and Seek, he decided if he hid in a cherry tree I would not be able to find him.
One of the neatest things I have seen in a long time, this wood spider was trudging her brood of young across the fossil beds of the Falls of the Ohio. Every time she would stop dozens of baby spiders would crawl off of her back and scurry around, when it was time to move on, they would all climb on her back and she would run off, I watched her do this for about 25 yards.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I looked at the spider photo with horrified fascination. Is all okay over in your area? How did you weather the storm?