Thursday, March 19, 2009

loathsome....

Breaking and Entering is perhaps one of the worst things a person can experience in their lives. The loss of the sense of security can weigh heavy on a persons mind for years after the incident.
But when a criminal piece of shit feels the need to break into a clinic that is there to help to poor who can not afford health care, smash the place up, bust the windows and walls with a brick, and scatter glass shards all over a children's table and books, well, in the interest of maintaining at least a PG-13 rating, I would get into name calling....
On March 18th at about 11:15 pm, person or persons unknown used a brick to break a window in the Family Health Center to gain entry to the waiting room area of the clinic, once inside they trashed the walls, kicked around the chairs, and ripped from the wall a television service that provided valuable health information to the patients. Fortunately the cleaning crew was actually in the building at the time, working in the basement and heard the commotion and called me right away, I instructed them to get out of the building and call 911 from their cellphones, and that I was on my way.
Hearing the cleaning crew leave the basement, the would be robbers fled... Thank GOD they chose to flee and not to do any harm to the husband and wife cleaning crew we employ, it bad enough the cleaners are elderly, and in the building alone late at night!
Being the gun toting "redneck" that I am, I strapped on my Sig .357 auto loader, and hit the road and arrived about the same time as JPD. A complete building search showed the perps were definitely gone, but the damage was done, and the cleaners very shaken.
Justice? Oh yes there is justice.... The "HDTV" is not an HDTV. It is a 32" HDM dedicated for the specific application provided by the commercial company that provides the health information programming. They did not even have the chance to get the power cord, and even with that, the HDM will not function unless attached to the specific equipment for the service.
IN YOUR FACE!! HA HA!!
After boarding up the windows in the rain, and paying the cleaning crew extra for helping to clean up the mess after pictures were taken and the police were done, I jumped in my jeep, soggy, aching, and tired and quite ready for bed since it was after 1am.
And when it rains it pours, I'm wet, I'm dirty, I have glass slivers all over my clothes, and I am damn tired. Jumping on Browns Station way, the dreamy thoughts of my comfy bed are filling my tired mind, when I see a sea of red and blue lights just across the silver street bridge in New Albany. Lo and Behold, I get stuck in the middle of an Indiana State Police sobriety check point.
Remember the inclusion of the Sig .357 auto loader???
So now I am wet, dirty, tired, ARMED, angry about the break in, surrounded by a dozen state troopers, exclaiming I am armed, and that I have my permit, and I wont make a single move unless they ask me to.
After checking my permit, and my drivers credentials, on my way again at 1:30am.....

IF ANYONE SHOULD HAVE ANY INFORMATION RELATED TO THIS BREAK IN PLEASE CALL THE JEFFERSONVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT OR CONTACT ME!
The money we have to pay for the repairs to walls, glass, etc is money that could have gone to paying for medications and labs for people with out insurance, and no financial means to pay for it themselves. (even though logic would indicate that this was done by a patient, unfortunately)

2 comments:

Ceece said...

oooh! This makes me so angry. I'm grateful that your cleaners were not harmed though.

shirley baird said...

Any leads yet?